Scheduling a Service
Each command, garrison or installation that is responsible for resourcing, managing and scheduling interments at our Army cemeteries has a different process by which they follow. Also, there are many factors that must be considered in order to determine first, if the decedent is eligible for burial and second if the cemetery can support such a request. The actual scheduling of a service is also influenced by the competition for and availability of resources along with the time of year and weather conditions. In order to make this process easier for you it’s suggested that you follow the steps below before contacting the cemetery.
- Identify the Army Cemetery you are considering having the departed interred at.
- Do your research to see if the cemetery is open to new or subsequent interments.
- Gather as much documentation as you can regarding the decedents military service.
- Have a general idea as to what type of service you would like and when you would like to have it.
- Contact the listed Cemetery Responsible Official or Point of Contact.